Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Weigh-in Wednesday

Time to see if all my hard work this past week has paid off!

I told you guys about my running class .. but I did not mention changes in my eating that I have also made.

I love food. Duh. I cook from scratch daily .. we eat out maybe every 6 weeks.. that's not a lot. So why am I fat? Portion control and snacking .. pretty sure that's why.

I have been trying to watch what I eat for a few weeks now, not a diet .. not even close .. just watching!

I had friend recommend that I cut high fructose corn syrup from my diet .. so I am working on it. Its not all cut out .. but its down, A LOT.

Here is what I gave up: pop, coffee creamer, condiments other then salad dressing, sweet treats, crap like cereal and other things I'm sure.

Here is what I am eating now: organic granola cereal, water, salad, water, fruits and veggies, water, nuts and cheese, water, more whole grains, water, grilled chicken with more salad, water, water and more water ... things like that.

I guess its time to weigh in!

Today I weigh 243 with a BMI of 40% That's down 2 lbs from last week! WooHoo!! I am only being happy about that 2 lbs so my readers don't think I am debbie downer .. inside I am pretty disappointed. Oh well, its better then nothing!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so proud, inspired and jealous that you are doing this for yourself and your family! Keep up the good work! I'm not sure how much "advice" you want, but check the fat content in the granola...it's usually pretty high and there might be a different healthy cereal you could eat to replace it. (I LOVE granola and it's a ridiculously high number of points on weight watchers :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it up!!!! Don't allow disappointment to turn to defeat. Remember that you may add muscle for a while (which weighs more than fat). Are you feeling healthier? Is running getting easier?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Running is getting easier, yes. I can run farther and my breathing is better .. but running class is getting harder. I guess I feel healthier .. but my pants don't fit better :(

      Delete