Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Weigh-in Wednesday

I know I skipped last week ... think I am only going to weigh in every 2 weeks .. maybe every month. The larger the number lost the better I feel about myself!

So .. its been 2 weeks.

My running is going great! Now. It was going pretty badly. If I had once piece of advice (not that chub like me should be offering running advice) but .. it would be to speak up when something hurts!! First it was shin splints ... for which my running coach gave me KT tape. It works amazing by the way! But... at 20 bucks a roll, roughly a dollar a strip ... wearing 2 strips a week it would start to add up! Then the calf pain started ... calf cramps that last week actually caused me to fall down in tears! So I started taping my calves. 4 more strips each week ... 6 strips total .. this is going to cost me. My running coach's weekly emailed mentioned Zensah compression sleeves .... so I researched them. They claimed to help with shin splints and calf cramps as well as recovery. They are 40 bucks a pair ... that's deeper into my pockets .. BUT, they are washable ... reusable ... so more of a 1 time purchase.

So I bought a pair. Neon Pink. And I ran in them Monday.

AMAZING

I finished my run, and cried again .. this time because my run was so perfect! My legs were tired yes, but I had no pain. NONE.

AND... I finished my 2 miles 4 minutes faster then the week before! 4 minutes! That's a lot in running time.

My point? If you try and sell me something, I am pretty sure I will bite. No, my point is.. if running is painful, SPEAK UP! There are tons of products out there .. one might help. (another gal having the same pain as me bought a pair too .. she hates them. To each their own)

My weigh in??

I lost 2.6 lbs!! That's huge for me! I am pretty stoked! 2.6 lbs in 2 weeks .. Ill take it!

See ya next week!


4 comments:

  1. Congrats, and keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Adina! I admire your determination and sticking with it for 8 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We do not require our applicants to have managerial experience. However, if you would like to gain some, this position may be a perfect fit for you. The most promising applicants are invited to pass the Onboarding course, which is an educational resource for our new mentors.

    if you want more just look here "source"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course, you need to add an academic writer. Other writers may not be able to work. So make sure you have a writer who is trained and experienced. Writers must be available to work around the clock.

    if you want more just look here "demand assigned multiple access"

    ReplyDelete